Sunday, July 13, 2008

Istanbul, Turkey WE ARE HERE!!! WHOO HOO

Our group on our first night here.
What we walked through to get to dinner

Chuck going through security for us to get into CHURCH today.









Finally we have slowed down long enough for me to update you on our trip. I am totally in love with this city already. It is more beautiful than I imagined. OH! and the food is fabulous. It is much more healthy than we eat in the States. The cooks do not use canned veggies...and their produce is not sprayed with harmful pesticides. It is amazing and I could eat myself sick. We have done TONS of walking today and my feet hurt. We came back to our hotel for a quick rest before heading out to dinner. I can't wait:) I am including some pictures of our LONG trip here and our first night and day in the city. I will try to update some more throughout the week. We are having so much fun. I love you all.
Finally, I get this posted...a month later. We are home now, of course. Istanbul was amazing. I am blown away by God. He constantly amazes me. Life in a relationship with Christ is full of adventure and wonder. He wants to us to go and tell others about the Hope we have in Him....if we are just willing and available He will send us. Yes, you have to overcome fears and trust Him. Just be willing to GO......and see what He does in your own life. I am so thankful that God provided in everyway for Chuck and I to take this trip together. Really, that a stay at home, homeschooling mom of three boys would have the opportunities God has given me to GO.....I truly stand in awe at the way He loves me. He gives me the desires of my heart. I don't deserve His goodness, yet He pours out his love and blessings. More than anything I want to follow Him WHEREVER He leads me, doing WHATEVER He calls me to do. I don't want to miss a thing.



No comments: