Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Purpose...

Next weekend we are having our ladies Winter Retreat at Lakepoint Lodge in Eufaula.  This retreat is different and there have been a few who have really questioned this event even happening.  But I know this is what God has for us, as He put this retreat into my hands.  I have questioned myself....a lot.  But I trust God, even when I don't understand.  Oh, and He has been so faithful to pull everything together.  Truly, it's not up to me.  He is doing this thing and I am excited.  We have a wonderful team that God has put together and I am so thankful for His provision in every way.  He is going to do more than any of us can imagine.

Just now I was sitting with my bible.  God was so sweet to speak to me and give me His Word on the purpose of this Wonder Full World retreat will be having next weekend.  Ladies, this is WHY we are doing something so different....He wants to do a work in us as the body of Christ.  Here is what God gave me:

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of UNITY among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God."
Romans 15:5-7

I can't wait to report back what God does in the hearts of our women next weekend!!!  Praying for unity...for the glory of God.  In  breathless anticipation......

1 comment:

Tarah said...

i like this.
cute blog.
Tarah