Tuesday, December 14, 2010

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only son....."

God withheld NOTHING from us.  He gave it all.  Yet, we offer lip service and refuse to give Him everything.  I was pondering this as I prayed this morning.  Yes, I struggle with dying to SELF.  I do!  Dying to my selfish desires and plans does NOT come naturally to me.  Yet, my heart's desire it to live for HIM completely.  I know that my life is not my own, I have been bought with a price.  Ministry is my passion and I want to be completely His.   Yet......I struggle with letting go of my agenda and surrendering to HIS.  It's gonna cost me something if I do surrender.  Do I really mean what I say or am I just giving lip service only planning to do what fits into my plans for the day, week, or year?  God is going to interrupt my life and test me to see if I really do want to follow HIM.
There are lots of things I can choose to do this day, but how many have eternal value?  Choosing the eternal over the worldly......oh Father, give me discernment to choose Your Best today!

No comments: