Monday, January 24, 2011

A Faithful Friend Won't Give Up on You

He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

Because of the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced.  Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.  He who vindicates me is near.

It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me.

Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.
Isaiah 50: 4,7-10


God shows up in the most unexpected ways!  I love it when we blow it and still He pours out His unfailing love on us.  Grace.....we all  need it and we need to give it!

I have a precious friend who came to my rescue.  She saw that the enemy had laid a trap and I had fallen right in.   I failed the test.   This precious sister in Christ didn't give up on me and she didn't turn away from me.  She came to me and spoke the truth in LOVE.  No condemnation.  Just deep love for our Saviour and our relationship.

I hate it when I give the enemy even one inch.  That bugs me!  But good can come out of our mess ups!  I am here to testify.  That friend who came to my rescue saw me in my weakness.  She saw my mess and struggle, because I let her in.   We can put on the mask of perfection, pride and self-righteousness but we are isolating ourselves and setting ourselves up for defeat.   We must risk exposing our true selves and take off the mask of self-protection.  

So you have been hurt before?  You may be  hurt again, but when we choose to love and be real we can trust ourselves to God, and therefore the consequences of our exposure to Him.  My friend saw me in a fractured state, that was a risk.  She could have judged me or rejected me, but she didn't!  This precious friend allowed God's unconditional love to flow through her and pour over me.  Now that is what it's all about!  Her obedience ministered to me in ways I can't even put into words.  Healing was brought to my body, through her obedience and love.  Now that is women's ministry at it's best!!!  

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on LOVE, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3: 12-14